APRDA is fortunate to have a community of volunteers who share a passion for the service we provide. It’s a privilege to watch the relationship that is built between horse, leader, rider and side walker creating many lasting memories. Volunteer hours are spent looking after the needs of our riders, horses, grounds and events. Without the assistance of our dedicated volunteers, we would not be able to provide this wonderful service to our clients.
Volunteer roles include:
- Directly assisting riders – Side walker & Lead Walkers in lessons.
- Administration assistance
- Maintenance & Landscaping – Cleaning Paddocks, Maintaining grounds, fencing & gardening.
- Stable assistance – spaces strictly limited and by Stable Managers approval only.
- An interest in making a positive difference in the lives of people with disabilities
- Horse training and experience is welcomed, however not necessary as initial and ongoing training is provided to our volunteers.
- NDIS Disability Services Queensland (DSQ) Criminal History Screening Card.
- 18 years or older must hold a valid Blue Card.
All volunteers must be at least 14 years of age. Volunteers over the age of 14 must hold a Disability Services Queensland (DSQ) Criminal History Screening card. Volunteers 18 years of age or older must also hold a valid blue card to work with children.
Orientation/Induction fee is $25.00 and payable through online link sent once enquiry has been received.