APRDA is fortunate to have a community of volunteers who share a passion for the service we provide. It’s a privilege to watch the relationship that is built between horse, leader, rider and side walker creating many lasting memories. Volunteer hours are spent looking after the needs of our riders, horses, grounds and events. Without the assistance of our dedicated volunteers, we would not be able to provide this wonderful service to our clients.
Volunteer roles include:
- Directly assisting riders
- Side-walking in lessons
- Lead-walking in lessons
- Administration assistance
- Maintenance & Landscaping
- Stable assistance (spaces strictly limited and by Stable Managers approval only)
- An interest in making a positive difference in the lives of people with disabilities
- Horse training and experience is welcomed, however not necessary as initial and ongoing training is provided to our volunteers.
All volunteers must be at least 14 years of age. Volunteers over the age of 14 must hold a Disability Services Queensland (DSQ) Criminal History Screening card. Volunteers 18 years of age or older must also hold a valid blue card to work with children.
If you are interested in volunteering with APRDA we encourage you to come along and observe a class before applying.
Want To Be an APRDA Volunteer
Contact us via email or telephone or fill out an enquiry form below: